🔬💡 I am a post-doc researcher at the Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Lab in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
🎯 My expertise spans across natural language processing, computational social science, and human-AI interaction. I specialize in leveraging machine learning algorithms to tackle real-world challenges, including mental health and social issues.
✨ Additionally, I am passionate about applying AI systems to optimize human work processes, resulting in enhanced productivity and creativity.
- Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Rep. of Korea: 2020.03 - 2023.02
- Ph.D. in Applied Artificial Intelligence (Advisors: Dr. Jinyoung Han)
- Dissertation: Explainable Deep Learning Models for Understanding Mental Health [url]
- Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Rep. of Korea: 2019.09 - 2020.02
- Master’s in Interaction Science (Advisors: Dr. Jinyoung Han)
- Thesis: (A) data-driven analysis on a K-pop fandom collaboration network [url]
- Hanyang University, Seoul, Rep. of Korea: 2018.03 - 2019.07
- Master’s candidate in Dept. of HCI (Advisors: Dr. Jinyoung Han)
- Hongik University, Seoul, Rep. of Korea: 2012.03 - 2017.08
- Bachelor’s in Law and Korean Language & Literature
“Dancing on the Inside: A Qualitative Study on Online Dance Learning with Teacher-AI Cooperation,” Jiwon Kang, Chaewon Kang, Jeewoo Yoon, Houggeun Ji, Taihu Li, Hyunmi Moon, Minsam Ko, and Jinyoung Han, Education and Information Technologies (SSCI). [url]
“AlphaDAPR: An AI-based Explainable Expert Support System for Art Therapy,” Jiwon Kim & Jiwon Kang (equal contributions), Taeeun Kim, and Hayeon Song, Jinyoung Han, ACM IUI, 2023. [url]
“Magic Brush: An AI-based Service for Dementia Prevention focused on Intrinsic Motivation,” Migyeong Yang & Kyungha Lee, Eunji Kim, Yeosol Song, Sewang Lee, Jiwon Kang, Jinyoung Han, Hayeon Song, and Taeeun Kim, ACM CSCW, November, 2022. [url][video]
“Experiencing Stress During COVID-19: A Computational Analysis of Stressors and Emotional Responses to Stress,” Jiwon Kang (equal contributions) & Jieun Kim, Taenyun Kim, Hayeon Song, Jinyoung Han, Cyberpsychology Behavior and Social Networking (SSCI), 25(9), 561-570. [url]
““Why Tag Me?”: Detecting Motivations of Comment Tagging in Instagram,” Jiwon Kang, Jeewoo Yoon, Eunil Park, and Jinyoung Han*. Expert Systems with Applications (SCIE), 117171. [url][github]
“Behind the scenes of K-pop fandom: unveiling K-pop fandom collaboration network,” Jiwon Kang, Jina Kim, Migyeong Yang, Eunil Park, Minsam Ko, Munyoung Lee, and Jinyoung Han. Quality & Quantity, 56 (3), 1-22. [url] [github]
“Cross-Lingual Suicidal-Oriented Word Embedding toward Suicide Prevention,” Daeun Lee, Soyoung Park, Jiwon Kang, Daejin Choi, and Jinyoung Han*, In EMNLP Findings, Nov. 2020.[pdf][web page]
“Why do Instagram Users Tag Friends in Comments?,” Jiwon Kang, Jeewoo Yoon, and Jinyoung Han*, In Companion Proceedings of the Web Conference 2020 (WWW), Taipei, Taiwan, Apr. 2020. (3 pg. extended abstract) [pdf]
“Understanding Customers’ Hotel Revisiting Behaviour: A Sentiment Analysis of Online Feedback Reviews,” Eunil Park, Jiwon Kang, Daejin Choi, and Jinyoung Han, Current Issues in Tourism (SSCI), 23(5), 605-611.
“Who Drives Successful Online Conversations? Unveiling the Role of First User Response,” Ye-eun Won & Jiwon Kang (equal contributions), Daejin Choi, Eunil Park, and Jinyoung Han, Kybernetes (SCIE), 49(3), 876-884. [url]
“Alliance for My Idol: Analyzing the K-pop Fandom Collaboration Network,” Jiwon Kang, Minsung Lee, Eunil Park, Minsam Ko, Munyoung Lee, and Jinyoung Han*, ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), Glasgow, Scotland UK, May 2019. (6pg. extended abstract) [pdf] [poster]
- “Understanding Influential Comments in Online Conversations,” Jiwon Kang, Daejin Choi, Eunil Park, and Jinyoung Han, ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW), Jersey City, USA, November 2018. (4pg. extended abstract). [pdf] [poster]
- “COVID-19 Korean Fake News Detection using Named Entity and User Reproliferation Information,” Chaewon Park, Daeun Lee, Jiwon Kang, Munyoung Lee and Jinyoung Han*, Human and Cognitive Language Technology (HCLT), 2021.
- “A Deep Neural Network Model for Identifying Political Party based on Face Images,” Jeewoo Yoon, Jiwon Kang, Seunghoon Jeong, Minsam Ko, Eunil Park, and Jinyoung Han*, HCI Korea 2019, Jeju, Feb. 2019.
- “An Analysis of Socio-Economic Behavior in Me-Media,” Migyeong Yang, Jiwon Kang, Eunil Park, Minsam Ko, and Jinyoung Han, HCI Korea 2019, Jeju, Feb. 2019.
- “Effects of Initial Comments on Successful Online Conversation,” Ye-eun Won, Jiwon Kang, Eunil Park, Minsam Ko, Ki Joon Kim, and Jinyoung Han, HCI Korea 2019, Jeju, Feb. 2019.
✅ Research Projects
- [2020/10-2023/08] Modeling and Analyzing a Contact Social Graph for Predicting and Managing Outbreak Disease, National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF).
- [2021/09-2022/08] A Student-AI Interaction Online Dance Learning System, National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF).
- This is my first research project as a principal investigator 😊
- [2018/11-2021/10] Predicting Information Diffusion Process with Deep Learning, National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF).
- [2020/07-2020/11] Developing a Model for Detecting Fake News on COVID-19, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI).
- [2017/09-2020/08] Design Science: A convergence research on design and Big Data, National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF).
- [2019/06-2019/11] Learning and Predicting Information Diffusion, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI).
- [2018/05-2018/11] Big Data Research for Artificial Intelligence Applications, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI).
- Sungkyunkwan University
- SWE 2022: Introduction of Programming (Fall 2020) - TA
- AAI 2012: Computational Thinking, Programming and Application (Spring 2020) - TA
- DAI5016: Computational Social Science (Spring 2022) - TA
- DAI5019: Graph Mining and Learning (Fall 2021) - TA
- AAI3005: Data Mining (Spring 2020) - TA
- AAI2007: Introduction to Algorithm (Fall 2019) - TA
- Hanyang University
- CSE4036: Big Data Processing (Spring 2019) - TA
- CSE1017: Programming Fundamentals (Spring 2018, Fall 2018) - TA
Page design by Ankit Sultana